REASONS WHY SATAN IS ATTACKING YOUR FAMILIES
REASONS WHY SATAN IS ATTACKING YOUR FAMILIES. It’s no secret that Satan designs his arrows at families. In the Garden of Eden, he disturbs the marriage of Adam and Eve. In the very next chapter of the Bible, his influence was so vast that a brother killed a brother. From that time, our homes have been in his pictures. Here’s why:
FIRST OF ALL, LET US CAPTURE THAT WE HAVE A POWERFUL ENEMY.
A. Indeed the Bible put it clear to us that we have a powerful enemy called Satan: Let’s notice how the Bible picture him: a. Our enemy (Matt. 13:39) b. The bible pictures him as, The wicked one (I John 5:19) c. The bible pictures him as The roaring lion (I Peter 5:8) these descriptions show us what he is trying to do with all of us.
- He aims in general to pull down what God has created. That’s just his nature. If God had granted him approval to do so, he would have killed Job.
- He wants to kell the witness of our marriage. Paul put it clear to us in Ephesians 5 that our marriages are a picture of the gospel. If the enemy pulls down our marriage, we can no longer model the gospel by loving my wife Pam as Christ loves the church.
- Satan hates our children. He delights when our adult decisions affect our children by turning them anti-God and the church. Periodically we become the enemy’s tools to do that when we follow his steps more than God’s.
- Satan wants to take out the primary place of disciple-making. The number one place for making disciples is in the home, where parents are to disciple their children. When that family is messed up, the church’s disciple-making work is only harder.
- He wants to harm our witness. Satan loses us from his kingdom when we follow Christ, but he doesn’t back away; in fact, the battle only gets tougher. He can’t rip us from God’s kingdom, but he can dim our light for the gospel.
- He strives to remove people from ministry. I know that church leaders debate what sins disqualify us, but that argument is beside the point here. The bottom line is that Satan wants to so destroy the homes that we have nothing left for ministry.
- Satan wants to divert the church away from evangelism. He will do all he can to keep us from taking the gospel to our non-believing neighbours, friends and the nations – including so attacking our homes that our pastors spend all their time trying to put out family fires.
- He always wants to hinder prayer. Peter advised us that unhealthy marriages block our prayer channel (1 Peter 3:7). Satan will always target to rob us of power by weakening our prayers.
- He delights in blemishes he can attack later in life. Our sinful choices often leave wounds in our lives and in the lives of our children. Satan doesn’t miss opportunities to drive them open when he wants to later in his life.
- He harms entire church families when a home falls apart. That’s part of what it means to be a church – we all hurt when one hurts. Great sorrow sets in when a brother and sister in Christ choose to end their commitment made to God. WHY SATAN IS ATTACKING YOU
Pray today for your family, and then pray specifically for four other families. Let’s cover thousands of homes in prayer today.